Samsung Galaxy A80 – triple camera slider smartphone
The Galaxy A line in 2019 received an unexpectedly extensive continuation in the face of almost a dozen new smartphones with interesting features and pleasant prices. Especially surprising is the fact that for such a “simple” line of devices with affordable prices, Samsung found the strength and the ability to use technological innovations: just two models — the Galaxy A90 and Galaxy A80 — got a triple rotating camera in the slider mechanism.
Galaxy A80 - Key Features
- Colors: black, silver, gold;
- Case: metal, tempered glass Gorilla Glass 5;
- Display: 6.7 inches, Super AMOLED matrix, 2400x1080 pixels resolution, Always-On-Display technology. The screen covers 90% of the front panel area and has no cutouts for the camera;
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730, 8 nm process technology, two powerful Kryo 470 cores with frequencies up to 2.2 GHz and 6 economical Kryo 470 with frequencies up to 1.8 GHz;
- Video accelerator: Adreno 618, frequency up to 650 MHz;
- RAM: 8 GB, LPDDR4x with a frequency of 1866 MHz;
- Permanent memory: 128 GB, no memory card slot;
- Main camera: 48 megapixel (f / 2.0 - standard) + 8 megapixel (f / 2.0 - wide) + ToF-camera (f / 1.2) to determine the depth of the photo, shooting with a review of 123 degrees, phase autofocus, 4K recording at 30 fps;
- Front camera: the main camera is used with the help of a rotating mechanism;
- USB Type-C 2.0, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, 3.5 mm jack;
- Connectivity: 2 nano SIM cards, support 4G LTE Cat.12 up to 600 Mbps;
- Navigation: GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS;
- Sound: Dolby Atmos;
- Security: optical finger scanner (under the display);
- Battery: 3700 mAh, lithium-ion, support for quick charge of 25 watts;
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie + One UI;
- Dimensions: 165 x 76.5 x 9.3 mm;
- Weight: 219g.
Samsung Galaxy A80 - cameras and screen
The device has a bundle of three cameras:
- 48 MP sensor with aperture f / 2.0
- wide-angle 8-megapixel camera with f / 2.2 aperture and a viewing angle of 123 degrees
- the third camera is a ToF-sensor for a very accurate determination of the depth of field.
The Galaxy A80 also received a superstabilization function, due to which the videos are very smooth, even with strong shaking. Artificial intelligence can accurately recognize up to 30 scenes and adequately select the appropriate settings to achieve the best quality. As for the front camera, its function is performed by the main one and it is very cool. Decent portrait photos and videos can now be taken on a smartphone in any mode.
Thanks to the slider mechanism that opens the front camera, the smartphone screen does not have any cuts and holes. This is a huge Super AMOLED matrix with a diagonal of 6.7 inches covers the entire front surface, leaving only a small frame around the edges of the gadget.
Samsung Galaxy A80 - performance and battery
The Galaxy A80 uses the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 processor. The chip is an improved solution for the Snapdragon 710 and offers 8 Kryo 470 cores split into two blocks according to the 2 + 6 scheme. plus updated generation cores. Two high-performance cores can reach 2.2 GHz, and six energy efficient ones do not step over the 1.8 GHz mark. The new Adreno 618 graphics accelerator has joined the new cores. The performance of the new processor has already been investigated in a number of tests and, according to some indicators, reaches the level of last year’s flagship Snapdragon 845.
The Samsung provided the device with good memory and equipped the novelty with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal memory. The only unpleasant detail is the lack of support for memory cards. However, the high capacity of the built-in storage device and the ability to use cloud storage for data reduce this minor flaw to nothing.
The battery capacity of Galaxy A80 is 3700 mAh. Additional charge savings are achieved through an adaptive energy saving system. The intellectual performance enhancement function based on AI algorithms regulates the operation of the battery, processor and RAM, depending on how the gadget is used. Therefore, autonomy for a day is guaranteed, and with proper energy saving it can grow up to two days.
In our store, the new Samsung Galaxy A80 appeared in all three colours for $ 685.